This is the first time I’m writing a blog post on reflecting back on a year. Its been a different year so I thought its good to look back and see what I have learned, what challenges did I tackle or face and what was new during the last year. I always end up in not appreciating or acknowledging myself on what I learned or achieved. So I thought it would be good to look back so I know what’s 2019 been like for me.
- My year 2019 started off with this news -
- I attended my first ever conference and that was TestBash Brighton which couldn't have been possible without the help from Angie Jones and Richard Bradshaw.
- I have presented at 5 different conferences at different locations like London, Manchester, USA, Germany, Budapest and presented my stories. I started my speaking journey in 2018 and presented at an online conference. This was my first year of speaking and I got the opportunity to present at international conferences which was overwhelming and exciting for me. I got a chance to meet so many inspiring people.
- I also presented at 3 online conferences, 1 online meetup and was part of a panel discussion with Lisa Crispin, Simon Prior and Joe Colantonio. It was such an honour to be on this panel and I had a great experience being part of this.
- I gave my first conference talk at Testing Summit London 2019 and I got invited to present again at Test Summit London in 2020.
- I was new to this entire testing community and 2019 was the year of networking. I never used twitter or slack groups but I started being more active since this year. It really helped me in lot of ways. I could share my learnings, my happiness, my achievements, I'd reach out if I had any questions. What's more wonderful was the overwhelming response from the community to help me find my job
- I started sharing my experiences by writing blog post and sharing it on mabl and testingindevops. This was my first time writing a blog post and I managed to write 3 blog posts and willing to write more in 2020.
- Got so inspired by Lisi and Toyer's learning partner journey that I started my learning partner journey with Simon Berner
- I had a goal for 2019 to have my own blog site and I finally have one - - https://www.parveenkhans.com/p/blog.html
- I started my #TestingTour inspired by Lisi to become more confident as a tester by pairing with different people on various topics and started sharing my journey on my blog site. I already had wonderful sessions with Maaret, Amitai Schleier, Mirjana Andovska, Rob Meaney and Tariq King. And also have few sessions booked in for January and February which I'm really looking forward to.
- The pattern for me in 2019 was all about coming out of comfort zone, doing things which I have never done before, being brave and courageous, had ups and downs and still trying to learn to deal with those things, learning new topics. Overall it was an awesome year for me and really looking forward to continuing learning and sharing more in 2020.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.